Sunday 1 February 2015

Steamed Sweet Potatoes with Pear Puree

Due to the recent contamination of apples from US, some mummies have expressed their concerns & refrained from buying apples for now eventhough the AVA has commented that Singapore did not import the affected batches. Since I had just ran out of apples and there were some nice juicy pears sitting in my fridge, I decided to substitute the apples with pears for BB's fave puree.

Ingredients (serve 1 toddler & 1 adult)

2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
1 Asian pear, cubed

Directions:

1. Steam the sweet potatoes (I'm using my Avent Combined Steamer & Blenderfor 10 minutes.

2. Add the pear & steam for another 5 minutes.

3. Blend & serve warm.


This combination is just as good as the apple version, if not, better! As pears tend to be juicier than apples, this purée has more moisture in it & is very sweet-tasting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment