Wednesday 3 September 2014

My Beloved Avent Combined Steamer & Blender

If anyone is to ask me if I ever regretted buying my Avent Combined Steamer & Blender, my answer is a definite NO. It's a worthy investment & I'll strongly recommend it to working mummies who want to prepare homemade food for their babies but are yet too strapped for time. Some mummies may feel that it'll become a white elephant once their babies start to take less purees after 2 or 3 months. On the contrary, I'm still using mine frequently although BB is almost 13.5mo. In fact, my mother who is an experienced cook (after cooking for her hubby & 4 kids for the past 40 over years) told me she's keen to get one too as she saw how easy it was to prepare a cheesy mushroom sauce for our pasta lunch during one of her visits. Other than the steam function, I use the blender to make the following:

1. Purees

2. Soups 

3. Sauces for pasta

4. Smoothies / Milkshakes (I haven't introduced fresh milk yet so gotta KIV milkshakes for now)

Moreover, I like the fact that there are only a few parts to wash. I did come across some mummies complaining about the hard to reach corners as well as frequent staining on the lid.. To overcome these problems, I've some tips to share.

1. After pouring out the food, always rinse off the residual bits immediately. This will help prevent them from drying up & sticking onto the appliance.

2. Use an angled-head brush (I'm using NUK Deluxe Bottle Brush) for hard to reach corners.

3. Use a straw brush (mine is from Kiddy Palace but I can't recall the brand) to clean the holes on the lids.

I believe I'll continue to use this product for as long as it can last! Hope this review will be helpful if u're contemplating to get one ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment