Friday 16 September 2016

Tomatoes Beefy Rice with Eggs

Previously, this was a very popular 1 pot dish for LOs. The reason is simple. Fast to cook & good to eat. Furthermore, the variations for this dish is endless as long as you add in the main lead, which is of course TOMATOES. Since I happened to have 2 big tomatoes in the fridge so decided to cook it again today. Here's my version ;)

Ingredients (serve 1 toddler + 1 adult):

2 medium-sized tomatoes, top & bottom slitted
1/2 cup organic brown rice, washed
100ml of water
100g of minced organic beef (can replace with pork too)
8 organic French beans, diced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
1/2 tbsp of Bob's Red Mill All Natural Cornstarch
1/8 tsp of freshly grounded black pepper

Directions:

1. Marinate beef with sesame oil, cornstarch & pepper for at least 15 minutes.

2. Mix beef into rice & water, top with tomato & steam for 20 minutes (I used my Techno 3-Tiers Electric Steamer but can use rice cooker alternatively).

3. Add French beans & continue steaming for another 15 minutes..

4. Once rice is cooked, add in eggs & mix evenly, mashing up the tomatoes simultaneously. Optional: remove the tomatoes' skins then add more sesame oil & black pepper. Serve immediately.


Such a hassle-free meal yet so healthy & satisfying..I especially love the moist & juicy rice <3 BURP!!!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome and nutritious all-in-1 dish! I love such recipes because it makes cooking for the kids so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really easy peasy and nutritious dish! Good for busy parents. Going to try this out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't eat beef but without that also I think this recipe will taste great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, never thought about steaming everything! It does make this dish a healthy one for kids and the family! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so easy! Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to cook this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are two of my favourite ingredients within, tomato and beef!
    Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    cheers, Andy
    (SengkangBabies.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this recipe and quite a handy one, remember I used to do this when my kids were toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this simple, nutritious and , what looks like delicious recipe. Something we can try at home with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds so easy to make. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mum used to cook this when I was young. Looking at your recipe brings back memories. I think it's time for me to cook this dish for my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete