What would you do when you've got a craving for creamy sauce pasta but yet there's no cream at home? The answer is "Do-It-Yourself!" & that's exactly what I did >.~
Ingredients (serves 1 toddler & 1 adult):
150g of organic sliced beef
5 mini portobello mushrooms, sliced
4 small red onions, sliced
1 garlic, sliced
1 big Japanese cucumber, diced
150g of Alce Nero organic whole wheat spaghetti300ml of fresh milk
300ml of water
2 tbsps of organic extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
1/8 teaspoon of dried basil
1/8 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon of freshly grounded black pepper
2 kampong eggs
4 tbsps of frozen self grated organic cheddar cheese
1. Heat up a pan & add VCO followed by beef slices to stir fry till they brown then scoop them out.
2. Add in the garlic. Once it starts to brown, add in the onions & stir fry with medium fire till they soften slightly.
3. Next, pour in mushrooms, basil, oregano & pepper. Stir-fry till the mushrooms are shrivelled & 'sweat', then pour in the milk & water.
4. Put in the pasta once the mixture start to boil & top with cucumbers.
5. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally till pasta is almost cooked.
6. Break the eggs, top with cheese then switch off the fire immediately. The remaining heat will cook the eggs.
7. Plate the pasta, top with beef slices & some more cheese. Serve warm.
Mummies or Daddies who've been following my blog, did you also notice something different in this recipe? Yes, you're right! To save time, I'm actually cooking the pasta in the sauce itself instead of cooking it separately. Just have to add extra water to your usual sauce (tomato, mushroom etc) so that by the time your pasta is cooked, the sauce would have reduced to a nice, thick sauce.
Egg + Milk = Enhance the brain's memory function