Monday 1 December 2014

Homemade Honey Orange Creamsicles

I was searching for a suitable popsicle maker for BB & bought one from Daiso. On second thoughts however, I didn't feel very comfortable using it as the sticks were a bit too long & not BPA free. I guess we can use it for ourselves now till he's older.


Some mummies recommended the Munchkin Fresh Food Freezer Pops. I searched high & low for them but to no avail. In the end, another mummy shared that she found one at Cold Storage (Note: As it's hung randomly amongst the shelves, you would have to walk aisle by aisle to search for it or asking one of the staffs may be a more efficient way). This ring pop ice molds only cost $4.50 which is less than 25% of the one from Munchkin & it's BPA free too! Anyway, stocks for the Munchkin ones arrived after I've bought this so if you don't mind splurging a bit more, you can find them in Mothercare outlets.


As BB is still having intermittent fever, we decided to stay-in today so hubby packed food back for dinner. After dinner, I set to work immediately. First & foremost, I prepped the ingredients for a light wholemeal bread. It's still baking in my breadmaker now as I'm blogging. Hopefully it'll turn out well after the previous failed attempt (will share more in another post). After starting my breadmaker, I wasted no time to search for a suitable recipe in Pinterest & I found just the perfect one. Finally got the chance to use it after it has been sitting in my kitchen cabinet for months..hee ;)

Ingredients (yield 6):

1 big orange, juiced (it gave me about 1/2 cup of juice)
1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
1/4 cup of fresh milk
1 tsp of organic honey (can use 1/4 banana to sweeten too, especially for babies less than 1yo but I ran out of them so substituted with honey instead)
1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract


Directions:

1. Pour everything into a big bowl & lightly whisk to mix everything together (If you're using bananas, blend everything, excluding yogurt, together before stirring the yogurt in & mix well. I prefer not to blend the yogurt as the heat may destroy some of its nutrients).


2. Fill the individual molds till almost full & cover with the ring pop sticks.


3. Transfer them into the freezer & freeze till the popsicles are set (I'm leaving mine overnight).

I tried the mixture & it was good. Drooling..can't wait to eat them tomorrow ;p' Although I'm pretty strict when it comes to food for BB, I don't want him to miss out on his childhood. No commercial ice creams that're typically loaded with lots of sugar, artificial flavourings & additives. Instead, he'll get to enjoy healthy yet yummy ones homemade with loads of T.L.C.!

No comments:

Post a Comment