Tuesday 9 December 2014

Colourful Omelette for my 16M18DO BB

Omelette, another one of our all-time favourite breakfast dishes. I love the fact that you can always change the variations of ingredients to create your own unique combinations anytime, anywhere!

Ingredients (serves 1 toddler & 1 adult):

2 eggs, beaten
8 organic cherry tomatoes, diced
1/6 organic yellow capsicum, diced
A handful of frozen peas
1 tsp of organic extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
A dash of dried basil
Some organic cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

1. Heat up EVCO on a low fire then add in capsicum to stir fry for about 2 minutes followed by peas, tomatoes & basil.

2. Pour the eggs over & move the pan around to spread them out evenly. When it starts to firm up with still some raw parts on top, sprinkle the cheese.

3. Fold it into half then cook till all eggs are fully cooked. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt.

I'm still not quite used to my WMF after using my HCP & non-stick pans for so many years. The omelette doesn't look as good as my previous attempts but tastes just as good. The tanginess of the tomatoes, sweetness from the capsicum & peas, slight saltiness from the cheese & aroma of the basil all come together in a perfect harmony. Yums! 

I actually wanted to let BB try the Natura Organic Unsweetened Fortified Soy Milk (best tasting unsweetened one I've tried so far) but as I checked against my food 'bible' I realised it's not recommended and so I replaced it with normal fresh milk instead. He also had some organic blueberries (one of his favourite healthy snacks-on-the-go, which I'll share on how you can freeze & store them soon) an hour after his meal as I usually advocate that he has fruits either an hour before or after food to aid in better digestion.


One of my other previous attempts - carrot & broccoli omelette. Looks more presentable using a non-stick pan but I guess it's a trade-off, at least for now. Practice makes perfect so I'll continue to gambatte till I can get it right with my healthier WMF pan..fighting!




Beneficial Combinations:

Capsicum + Egg = Help in the absorption of vitamins

Egg + Milk = Improve memory skills

Tomato + Yogurt = Increase iron absorption

Harmful Combinations:

Egg + Soya Bean Milk = Reduce the body's ability to absorb nutrients or may cause unwellness of the body

No comments:

Post a Comment