Sunday 9 November 2014

Organic Cheddar Cheesy Scrambled Eggs with Oven Baked Shiitake Mushrooms for BB

The packet of preservative-free pork chipolatas which I have in my freezer had been put to use at last! I simply grilled them in the oven for 20 minutes, turning them halfway through. Verdict? They tasted as good as their preservatives loaded counterparts, well marinated & juicy! &, the best part is that I don't have to feel guilty indulging in one of our favourite foods as I sunk my teeth into each bite d(~.<) I contemplated to let BB try some of it but decided against it after discussing with my hubby as we felt that it may still be a tad too salty for him now. One day, but not today . . . sorry, son!


I also attempted cheddar cheesy scrambled egg for the first time using my WMF long-forsaken pan. Having used non-stick pans for seemingly forever, I was quite apprehensive that it might turned out disastrous. Fortunately, all ended well.

Organic cheddar cheesy scrambled eggs: Beat 6 eggs with some shredded cheddar cheese. Heat up some extra virgin coconut oil till hot. Pour in the eggs & lower the fire to lowest heat. Use a wooden spatula to push inwards to the centre from around the edges. Switch off the fire when the eggs are softly set yet slightly runny (that's how we like ours done) & scoop out the adults' portions. Continue to stir fry the remaining eggs till fully cooked for BB. Serve immediately.

Oven baked shiitake mushrooms: Clean & cut the mushrooms. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil & sprinkle some freshly grounded black pepper. Mix well & bake for 20 minutes.

Tadah! BB's healthier version of all-day breakfast ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment