Tuesday 19 August 2014

1st Homemade Bread & Blueberries with Chia Seed Jam

Bread fever is on! Finally managed to lay my hands on a Tesco breadmaker & this was made possible all thanks to a very kind mummy who got her friend to help us bring in all the way from Malaysia.

I had wanted to make a flavoured bread but Daddy-O said that I should just start with a simple white bread for my 1st try. Thus, I simply followed the white bread recipe provided in the manual. It was so effortless. Just measure & pour in the ingredients in the proper sequence & it'll do all the hard work for you. Kudos to the inventor of the bread machine!

What's the point of having home baked bread without homemade jam right? So, after the breadmaker started to do its magic, I proceeded on to do a super duper easy "no cook" organic blueberries with chia seeds jam.

Ingredients:

1 cup of organic frozen blueberries (I bought fresh ones & froze them myself)
3 tbsp of chia seeds
1 tbsp of honey (optional)
1/4 cup of water
Juice of 1/2 a small lime
1/8 tsp of cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

1. Blend (I used my Avent Combined Steamer & Blender) blueberries until you get your preferred consistency (smooth or chunky) & transfer to an airtight glass container.

2. Add chia seeds, honey, water, lime juice & cinnamon. Stir well, cover & put into the fridge till the chia seeds swell up.


After a long wait of 3h, my loaf was finally ready! Looked great from the outside but I still had to wait for it to cool down before I could slice it. Alas, the moment of truth . . . It was soft on the inside but I found the crust a bit too thick to my liking. Guess I'll have to choose the light setting instead of the medium one for my next attempt. I couldn't wait till breakfast to try them out so I had a slice for supper at 1.30am. Nice! 



Daddy-O had it for breakfast & brought 4 slices as well as half of the jam to let my in-laws try. So glad they all enjoyed the healthy breakfast. As for my lil' food critic, he had it with jam & cream cheese . . . &, he loved them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment